Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 3, 2011



Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: Very cloudy
Mood: Worried


I seriously don't know how I'm going to get everything done. Or I do, actually. I've done quite the part today, and I can carry on working this afternoon at B's house, and then I'll get up eraly tomorrow and finish the rest. It'll be fiiine. I'm an overworrier. Breath in. Breath out. There. Now stop worrying. On a happier note, I'm very happy about today's outfit. I felt like legwarmers and ballet flats which I managed to convey perfectly well into a skirt and a long sleeve T (no need to freeze to death in this horrid weather) but I still look quite nice. You know? I've been wondering why people love jeans so much. I mean they're fab becuase they're totally fahsionable, and they go with everything, and you can get them in a great variety of styles, shapes, sizes and now colors... but why do people enjoy using a blue denim uniform in their every day lives? I’ve never loved a pair of jeans. Ever. I've worn them hundreds of times, and I now own quite a few pairs, but really loved them like I love my pink Chanel stilettos? Never.  I remember in sixth grade when, for some reason or another, the powers that be announced, we’d have a Jeans & T-shirt Spirit Day coming that Friday. For the kids who wore jeans and t-shirts everyday, this was no big deal. But I went home and panicked. Not only did I not really own t-shirts since my mother insisted on my looking like a minature version of her, (don't ask, I might be a fashion lover now, but I've had my wardrobe issues, trust you me...) and I really don’t think I had jeans either. NO seriously, I didn't. My mother and I had to go to the mall to buy an ensemble for me to match the rest of kids. In fact, I can probably count on two hands the amount of times I wore jeans in my early years. That's all changed of course since eventually my mum accepted the fact that jeand were a fact of life and that she couldn't dress me up like a Jane Austen character for ever, becuase I was growing into my own self and out of her grasp, wardrobewise, at least. Anyway,  I still don’t understand what’s so wonderful about them. I’d rather wear a pair of sexy, tight black pants any day! Or a beautiful skirt. Or shorts. Or anything else really. I mean just becuase society thinks they're so great doesn't means we all have to agree right? Whn have you ever seen Carrie or Charlotte or even Samantha Jones from Sex and the City wear jeans? Or the girls from Gossip girl? Is it a "No jeans in NY thing?"  doubt it. THey just have a better dress ence that us. Even if the white dress with the ginomous petunia is a tad too much... -Rx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment