Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19, 2011


Rito’s Wardrobe Fashion Project
Started: April 19, 2011
First Entry
I’ve been thinking about my final Project for my BA in Fashion Merchandising and a series of factors drove me to create a blog called “Rito’s Wardrobe Fashion.” I know I only just started studying and I still have a long way to go, but hey, it’s never too early to start working on a final project, is it? I’m Rito, or at least that’s what my friends call me. I’m a clothes lover with a big enough wardrobe (that's what my dad says) and a pretty good sense for street fashion (well, I think I do.)
One day I woke and decided I was going to keep a diary of everything I wear and why I wore it. I’m going to keep several factors in mind, including location, weather, mood I wake up in, what happened the day before, what I’m doing that day, etc. For example, if I’m going on a trip, I have to pack before, do I need to carefully choose what I’m going to take with me. Then, I want to look back and know if what I took I actually wore, if I felt I needed different clothes after I got there, if I went on a mad shopping spree, etc.
People tend to have certain trends that others associate them with. I can’t imagine my auntie Uga in jeans, let alone any type of trousers, or my mum missing the chance to wear a tailored Chanel inspired suit for any semi-elegant occasion. 
So I, Carolina Noguera, am going to let you read into my life for the next couple of years, in order to be able to analyze myself, and see if there’s any correlation between my life and my wardrobe and how my daily life takes me to choose the clothes I wear. It’s a pretty demanding project and it will require a lot of commitment on my behalf… So here goes!

(Feel free to comment, btw.)

April 19, 2011
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather:   Kind of gray, dark and rainy.
Mood: Drop dead gorgeous!
I woke up really early and suddenly realized, this week I finish my algebra course, I hate math, but I’ve come to realize, the more I hate a subject, the more effort I put into it (so I’ve basically got straight As so far; I’ have to wait and see how I do in my last quiz and Individual Project.) In any case, that made me smile. I got out of bed, looked out the window and oh God its gray out. Still, never mind.  Nothing can ruin my day. I grabbed some breakfast, went to the gym, got home, had a shower, and YAY! I remembered I was really low yesterday so I went shopping (a little treat always boosts my mood) and bought the cutest leopard T-shirt I’ve ever seen. My boyfriend’s not a huge animal print fan (he forgives zebra ‘cause he says it’s just black and white strips) so I couldn’t exactly buy a full leopard-print T and expect him to love it (or like it, or even let me wear it without judging me.) But this was different. It was a plain white tank top with a baby leopard on it that says “Wild Leopard” so it’s still animal print but it doesn’t really count. Anyway, he loved it, and I simply HAD to wear it today. I can’t help it, if I buy something new, I have to wear it the next day! Unfortunately, the weather wasn’t very “tank top friendly” so I paired it up with my caramel brown UGG Australia boots and a leopard print pashmina (hoping that I could get away with) and a brown drop tie knit cardigan. Hair up, Gucci Boston handbag, and I was ready go. World, here I come!    - Rx.


No comments:

Post a Comment