Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011




































Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: Raining with Sun
Mood: Sleepy head

I’m sooo tired. As probably all of you know, considering it’s hard to ignore, today was a day of celebration for the British Royal Family. Today was the wedding of Prince William to Catherine Middleton, otherwise known as Waity-Katie. She’s known William for over 8 years now, and after several disturbing break-ups, him serving his country, his doubts, her doubts, everyone’s doubts, today, April 29, 2011, they finally tied the knot. Today in a very important day in world history and I had to see it first hand, even if it was via CNN right in the middle of the night… Fortunately my best friend is almost as crazy as I am and we watched it together. So there’s the odd little hiccup that she’s all the way in Spain, but that’s what technology’s for, right? Besides, Kate Middleton got the fairytale ending every little girl wants to have: she married her prince charming and became a real princess. So, in honor of the blue-blood family and the blue prince, I wore blue too. My blue v-neck, low back from Express with my matching blue Tod’s moccasins looks pretty nice.  But I’m not really too fond of smurfs, they kind of scare me all blue and suspicious, so I matched my outfit with a white cardigan sweater from St. John’s bay that I bought in JC Penney last time I went I to Orlando in September. You know what I just realized? Everything I’m wearing today I bought in that same trip. I bought the Express top and the pashmina one day that my boyfriend went off to brows games at a video store; I bought my gorgeous Tod’s at an outlet after my boyfriend convinced me they were worth every penny. At another outlet I wondered randomly in JCPenney and realized I didn’t really have any white cardigans so I bought the one I’m wearing today. Finally, my Coach handbag, now that has a story behind it. Where to start... Every year I fill a piggy bank and at the end of the year I break it and treat myself to something I wouldn’t usually buy. Last year I had collected quite a reasonable amount, so I entered the Coach page to look at the new Poppy collection. I instantly fell in love with a gorgeous pink handbag with 2 hearts on the side. Unfortunately this was way back in February and I wasn’t going to risk buying it online and have it get lost in the post. By the time of the trip, the bag was out of stock. However, there was an even cuter handbag that caught my eye. Full of colors and with a gold strap. It was perfect. It would go with everything I wore. It would brighten up a black outfit. I wanted it. So that was settled, that was the one I was going to buy. However, when I got there it was sold out! I looked everywhere, Coach, Macy’s, the outlets… It was gone. However the Coach shop assistant was a really nice girl called Jessica who saw me so desperate, she looked in her system and there was one left in the whole country! Unfortunately, it was in Hawaii!!!! Lucky for me, she could have it shipped over to Orlando. It took a couple of very long days, but finally it arrived and it was mine. I have never appreciated any other handbag so much. I take very good care of it and use it more than all my other handbags. It’s a real treasure. So, enough about treasures; I’m going out to see what else is out there for me. And to Kate and Will, I hope they have a very happy life together for as long as they both shall live. And congrats on the wedding; it was really worth staying up for! – Rx.

P.S sorry I’m posting this so late, my Internet broke down due to the stupid weather… 

No comments:

Post a Comment