Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011




Location: Bogota, Colombia

Weather: Surprisingly Sunny
Mood: Glowing

Nothing can bring me down. Not today. Yes there’s the stupid drill outside, and I have a throbbing headache from sitting in front of my computer all day, but I’m so excited I don’t really care about anything else. In exactly 10 days I’ll be on a plane to Walt Disney World!!! When countdowns begin for events that make me happy such as trips or birthdays (especially mine) I’m in a glowing good mood until it happens. (Not that my good mood goes away when it does happen, just to be clear…) 10 days… I can’t wait!!! I have to start thinking about what I’m going to pack. Partly because I need to have everything ready before I go – clothe-wise – so I can keep blogging to you from the poolside and partly because that’s just what I do. I pack ages before, just so I don’t leave anything out. After all the packing is done I usually start changing my mind about things I want to take and things I should take… and things I don’t need to take because I don’t need fur covered boots in Disney. Not at 30°C anyway… Besides, it might sound crazy but I’m not even taking a suitcase with me because I’m buying a new one there for my aunt and I’m only allowed one suitcase on the stupid plane (who makes these rules?) so, I was planning on packing my stuff into my boyfriend’s suitcase from Bogota to Orlando… Ok, maybe I’ll just take a tiny suitcase, one of those hand luggage ones just so we don’t start to disagree on how much clothes I really need to take. I read this really amazing book once that said you should respect each other’s space when it comes to relationships, and I don’t want to take any chances. Maybe he can just take a couple of my t-shirts and I’ll pack the rest. Not that I need to take tons of stuff, I mean I might not even need to pack anything in his bag. I’m only going to buy a thing or two while I’m there. I mean it’s not like I’m going to go crazy or anything. Right, so that being settled, I need to start by choosing what I’m going to wear today… Ok, so I might have actually chosen it already. Since last night, to be quite honest… The thing is, I was browsing random pages on the internet and I saw this gorgeous plain white tee with a pink heart and I was like “omg I love it” (except it cost like $700 dollars because it was from some designer I hadn’t even hear of…) Still $700!!! That's more than... Well I don’t know, more than I’ll ever spend on one piece of clothes. Who spends $700 on a t-shirt!!!  But I know myself, and that wasn’t going to stop me. Walt Disney himself once said “all our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” And ok, this t-shirt wasn’t a dream per se, but you don’t have to take everything so literally, not “word for word” (in an Oda Mae Brown voice.)  The point is, if you really want something and there’s nothing stopping you from having it (as in you don’t have to kill anyone or never talk to your mother again sort of way) then why not? Don’t ever let anyone stop you from doing, or having, what you want. So I grabbed a plain white, long sleeve tee, I saved a pink heart into my memory stick, went to a tee shirt shop just around the corner, and I had it printed out for $10! So HA! to the designer with the really expensive tee! I have the same one, custom made and I bet mine’s even prettier – so I might have had a tiara printed on the back, but that’s not the point. I wanted it to be a one of a’kind. Today, my new t-shirt, a pair of jeans, pink UGG boots (pink really makes my day) and my pink Gucci. Fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. I’m going to have a great, sunshiny day. “It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright) sun-shiny daAay.” –Rx.

1 comment:

  1. You do know your boyfriend reads your blog right

    ReplyDelete