Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20, 2011




Wednesday. Honestly. Why does everyone hate Mondays so much? They're not thaaat bad; they're the start of a brand new week, full of potential and opportunities. Wednesdays, on the other hand, are mid-week. Still the same amount of days that have gone by 'till its Friday. Whoopy-pee-doodle-doo. To top things off, I woke up and thought “oh good, it’s not morning yet.” Ha! Prank’s on you! I don’t normally sleep with my curtains closed, but last night apparently I did, so when I really thought it was around 5AM it was really 8.  And if that wasn’t enough, all I can hear is ratatatatata boom boom boom pah pah pah. Building constructors aren’t very bright. They decided to re-do about 3 buildings in my block all at the same time which means 2 things: 1 there goes my sleep out the window, and 2 my street looks like a war zone. Still, never mind. So I open my curtains and SURPRISE it’s raining. Again. Not big-fat-drop rainy, just the annoying drizzle. I have to go out, but I’m not really walking anywhere so I can wear flats. (It’s not nice to have wet, cold feet, is it?) On the other hand, my mum send me a picture of what she was wearing this morning, (she’s by the beach (working, but still, BY THE BEACH) while I’m here freezing) and her outfit was very French-navy inspired, all blue, red and white (she kinda looked like the 4th of July.) So I decided I was going to wear blue too, just to cheer me up a bit. Still, i can’t look too colorful, its bloody raining, and i don’t want to look like some kind of wet parakeet.  So after staring at my wardrobe for ages (I have this little ritual where I open my closet doors, one in each hand and just stand there looking into space until I finally snap out of it and “ta-daaah” inspiration comes to me, just like that) and I pick out black trousers with tiny blue strips, a royal blue cardigan to match, blue flats, a white Old Navy T (my favorite) and a black pashmina to accessorize (and keep warm.) About the white T, by the way, everybody should have one. There’s nothing more comforting than to know that if you don’t know what to wear, you just grab your favorite worn out jeans, that special plain white t-shirt and you’re ready to go! Don’t you think? – Rx.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for that special plain white t-shirt!! "A sortir" with whatever colour your mood and weather dictates...... A touch of accessories and you're ready to start the day or evening!

    ReplyDelete