Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

June 17, 2011



Location: Santa Marta, Colombia, sitting by the window on the 8th floor of the tallest blue building in the whole city, looking out into space (or the sea, whatever) and wondering what would happen if I free-fell from here into the sea... (not in a suicidal way, just in a movie, super diver way...)
Weather: Sunny and hot I expect, but in here it's cool and nice
Mood: totally distracted from reality............................................

The sea is blue. The sea should be blue. Not here though. I was just thinking, I have such a wide, wonderful view of the sea from where I’m sitting, it should be blue, not... grey. It's an icky oily blue, grey color and I can see ugly rooftops and a few cars and dogs and people, but I should be seeing the bright blue sea, like in Aruba, and white sandy beaches and beautiful people with umbrella cocktails. Anyway, I'm not. I'm in a really weird mood today, almost like I don’t belong. I feel uncomfortable with myself in a weird, out of my body way. I don't know what's wrong really. Everything in my life is fine, I should be over the roof that I get my new car on Tuesday, I'll be home Sunday night, I'm doing great at uni... and somehow I just feel weird. SO weird in fact that without thinking I pulled on a pair of black shorts, black tank top and sandals. In the office it's a bit chilly so I'm wearing my dad's brand new company shirt which was delivered today and is obviously too big on me (it goes down past my knees.) You know, I love that my dad is so big next to me. If anyone ever made a movie about me, (you never know, they might - how was Gabrielle Bonheur to know 38 years after her death they would make a movie about her younger years, before she became Coco Chanel (hence the title of the movie Coco Avant Chanel.) So, back to subject, if anyone did do a movie about me, I would probably be played by Blake Lively or Piper Perabo and my dad would definitely have to be John Goodman. He is the cutest, most adorable movie dad in the world. Anyway, my dad's shirt is too big on me but he doesn't mind me wearing it and it makes me feel happier and a little safe, somehow.... -Rx.

No comments:

Post a Comment