Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011






Location: Bogota, Colombia

Weather: Sadly enough, pretty cloudy
Mood: Couldn't be happier

REASONS TO BE HAPPY:
1. It’s my mum's birthday
2. She totally loved her presies! (Who doesn't love Carolina Herrera, right?)
3. We're going out for lunch to this fab. new restaurant
4. The restaurant is next to my bf's office so he's joining us for lunch
5. I'm wearing a brand new fuchsia skirt my mum bought for me yesterday
6. My new skirt looks so cute on me!
7. Mum's happy too!

What a great way to start the day. Since I was a little girl, I use to get up really early on my mum's birthday so I could surprise her when she woke up with not very well wrapped up, homemade presents and a big card I had made myself. Well, I don't do the presents or the card any more (that's why VISA was invented) but I do still wake her up with presents and a card and breakfast and a great big kiss. I love to see her smile as she opens her gifts, it just gives me a thrill to see her so happy. Yesterday was her art class, so I went to the mall purely for financial reasons because I had to stop by the bank to pay off my credit card and by the time I came out it was almost time to pick up mum from her class, so I walked around the mall, just window shopping (and bought nothing except for a caramel latte) but when I went into Zara (which btw is still ridiculously overpriced) I saw a gorgeous pink pencil skirt and a beautiful pink blazer to wear with jeans. Problem was, being over prized and all, I could only buy one. So ended up buying neither because what I really needed at a time like that one was my mother's advice (even a fashionista need advice from time to time!) SO after lunch I went back with my mum and she offered to buy me the skirt if I bought the blazer and I did and she did (she's a sweetheart) and now I'm wearing my pink skirt in honor of her big day! Paired it up with my black knee-high suede boots, a white, short sleeve shirt from Mango and a black cardigan and I’m all set to start celebrating. And guess what? The sun’s coming out and everything! What a pretty day… J -Rx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment