Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011



Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: SUNNY!
Mood: Annoyed yet very, very happy!


Yes! My fashion Bible is finally here! Tumbling yesterday out of the dark clouds of recession, unemployment and austerity came that gleaming almanac of glamour and self-indulgence, the September Issue of Vogue. I got my hands on the most important issue of the year - the fattest, the most profitable, the most influential - the fashion Bible. The most immediately striking thing about it is its opulence, page upon glossy page of advertisements for every expensive fashion house or jeweler you have ever heard of - so many that at least 100 pages go by before you arrive at the first bit of editorial copy. Luxury can be especially seductive in times like these, but Vogue, charmingly, has attempted to show sensitivity to the country's penitential mood. The trend this year is to be "minimal chic" - nothing fancy, just plain, clean-cut clothes full of understated elegance.  There is a new taste for old-fashioned coziness - sheepskin, log baskets, wooden basins, and anything furry or quilted. It's perfect for this horrid weather. In any case, that makes me extreemly happy. You know I've waited all year for this. So now that my wonderful magazine is here... what should I wear to honor Mrs. de Wintour? Nothing too dramatic, 'cos I'm kind of keeping a low profile these days (big hair issue this week)... And suddenly, inspiration is dawned upon me! I am such a genious! HA! I'm going houdstooth! Matching shoes, coat and handbag and I could totally be on the "pretty patterns" or the "Fair and Square" pieces in Vogue (articles are called pieces, btw.) So fab I need to hit the town, tummy ache, or no tummy ache! Turuluuu -Rx.  

No comments:

Post a Comment