Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011






Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: Awfully grey
Mood: Lazy and a bit angry…

You know what really bugs me? How uncivilized we are in this country. I spend 10 days, 10 DAYS! in the US and I get back here and it’s as if I entered a parallel universe. People have no common curtsy, they drive like crazy people, it’s absolutely mad! MAD I TELL YOU!  I had to do a couple of things yesterday, buy a ribbon, pick my bf up from work, that sort ‘a thing and when I finally arrived, I wanted to scream! Everyone’s crazy, I swear you need to have lived here to know what I’m talking about but it’s got me in a terrible mood. But, it’s my country and I love it really… sort of… Anyway, moving on to happier thoughts, I’m wearing my new Aeropostale purple polo tee today, and it’s quite cold so I’ve paired it up with my caramel brown UGG Australia boots and a gray cardigan. Actually, to be quite honest, I don’t really think the boots go quite well, let me just change that… Hold on... Much better. Now I’m wearing my Bearpaw white furry boots. I wasn’t complete sure if I’d done a huge mistake when I bought them because it was a little out of impulse. I was staying at my friend’s house in Uxbridge, London a couple of years ago, and I was browsing Amazon.uk when I saw them. Right then and there I fell in love with them but they were pretty expensive, (specially thinking in pounds which at the time was almost 4 times the Colombian currency) so it let it go. But then I told my friend about them and she said, “well why don’t you try EBay?” –“What?” I thought? I had never bought anything from EBay before – and I haven’t since for some reason – so, I did. I mean, what was there to lose. SO I checked, and sure enough, THERE THEY WERE! And for only £10!! So yes, I bought them. I mean only 10 pounds…? But that was the London craze. When I got back home, however, I was a bit dubious about my purchase. You see, part of what influences fashion is where you live. It’s quite different what you’d wear in NYC than in the middle of some God forgotten town in Texas right? (No offence to Texas.) Apart from the climate difference, imagine for one second the weather and the climate was exactly the same, still people wouldn’t be caught dead in the middle on winter in Texas wearing a fur coat with hot pants and I sequel tank underneath right? But in NYC that’s perfectly normal.  Same here; what you wear in London, well, who cares, it’s one of the world’s fashion capitals. But in Bogota, well, there are certain fashion “restrictions” due to how are society was brought up and built and I wasn’t sure what people might think about my furry boots. But then I thought “why should I care? I am a free individual person entitled to my own opinion and my own fashion sense and I can wear whatever the hell I want!” So I wear my furry boots proudly, and who cares if I get a weird look down the street from time to time? It’s not like I approve of the 3 sizes too small dresses and jeans and very, very, very, ridiculously high heels girls wear here to go out… so there! –Rx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment