Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011




Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: Cloudy with prospects of sun maybe?
Mood: Sexy but still laidback

Did you know that cowgirls weren’t properly acknowledged until the late 19th century? That wasn’t that long ago, if you think about it… I mean cowboys have been around forever; I mean there are legends about them and everything! No legends about cowgirls though… Which reminds me, do you remember when I said I felt all dressed up like Paul Bunyan? Well, today I feel more like Pecos Bill, another of my all-time favorite fictional characters and personal hero. He was the quickest, bravest cowboy in the west, and sooo charming! <3 <3 <3… Anyway, he’s been immortalized and put up on the shelf with other two “big men,” John Henry and of course Paul Bunyan. (And just between us, no, I don’t think I’ll ever feel like I’m dressed up like John Henry, I mean for starters he was like 6ft tall and weighed like 100 pounds, I mean HAVE YOU SEEN THE GUY? And secondly, well, I’m not really into the whole foulard and giant hammer thing…) Anyway, back to Pecos and my outfit. Remember the really cute white boots I bought at F21? Well they’re kind of cowgirly so I’ve paired them up with a white tank and a pearl-knit oversized sweater which matches the boots quite nicely. But I do live in a very chilly city so I’m also wearing my brown leather jacket and to give it the Old Wild Western touch, my Minnetonka flared handbag and a brown pashmina (that’s a foulardy as I go.) I feel quite proud of my outfit actually; let’s just hope if when we go out to lunch we don’t decide to go walking ‘cos I’m pretty sure it’s going to rain and my boots are canvas and I am not washing them later. Rain, rain, go away! –Rx.

No comments:

Post a Comment