Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011



Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: Cloudy
Mood: down, down, down...

I haven't felt this bad in ages... I’m seriously considering moving somewhere warm where it never rains. I might die of heatstroke (I don’t do heat too well) but at least I wouldn’t be in bed with a stupid cold because of this ridiculous weather. One day it’s sunny, one day it’s cloudy. Both days it pours down with rain, sun or no sun. It’s ridiculous. Worst part is I have sooo much studying to get done, and I don’t feel like doing anything except sleep all day. I’ve always wondered why colds and flus get so much worse in the evening… In any case, I barely got any sleep last night. Between the headache, the high fever and the fact I can’t breathe through my nose so I have to breathe through my mouth AND that developed into a horrible throat ache, well, I didn’t get much sleep. So I’m in a bad mood, with small, sleepy eyes and wondering if I’ll feel better by Friday. Still, I have Disney to look forward to, although I still have to sort out what it is that I’m taking with me. I’ve put all the possible options on my couch. Now I just have to start to cross things out, which in my honest opinion, is the hardest part of all. I mean how are you supposed to pack light when you have no clue what you’ll want to wear? That’s the whole point of tee shirts: they’re cheap and they come in millions of colors and textures and shapes… so you can have quite a few and pick out the one you feel like wearing on that specific day. It's silly, really. Anyway, I might start to do that later if I feel any better. I’m not going anywhere today so I picked out a stay-at-home outfit. I could stay in my PJs all day but my mum says I’ll feel better if I get dressed. So I’m wearing a pair of black leggings with a scruffy, very old white tee from H&M and a three-sizes-too-big black sweater which I love to pieces. I’m also wearing a very chunky scarf because there’s a draft in my house due to all the open windows (mum says the house has to ventilate or I’ll give them all the flu) So… here I am, all dressed up in warm clothes… Oh God, please make me feel better tomorrow... For starters Man United is playing against Schalke04 and it’s the definitive game for them to pass to the Champions final, and I don’t want to miss it due to Tylenol Cold overdose. Second, I really, really have to get all my work done before Friday; I want a weekend of joy and piece, not of work stress. Finally, I really need to pack or my boyfriend will get all cross because I’ve left everything for last minute and we’ll miss the plane because I’ve forgotten to pack something crucial and insist we have to go back and…! Anyway, I need to pack. I’ve even got a check list and everything. For now however, it’s warm tea and back to bed… -Rx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment