Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4, 2011






Location: Bogota, Colombia
Weather: Cloudy… again
Mood: Worried….
How on heaven’s name am I going to fit all this in there? I seriously believe my clothes get puffier at packing time. I’m sure I’m not taking that much stuff, just a couple of things but it looks as if I were taking my whole wardrobe with me. Ok, so… I’m taking my knee-length flower skirt to go to Tampa because I’m going to see my Uni’s campus and I can’t go looking like a crazy tourist, right? I’m taking my Forever 21 pink maxi skirt for the evenings because if we go to the cinema I don’t want to freeze to death. That’s all as far as skirts go. Now shorts: I need shorts to go to Disney, I mean what else am I supposed to wear? So a pair of black shorts from H&M, perfect because they don’t get dirty after sitting in ride after ride after ride… right? My Abercrombie denim shorts because I can’t wear the same black pair of shorts every day. Besides, denim goes with everything… and then there’s my pair of royal blue shorts from Zara to go shopping or whatever. I mean the temperature is really high in Orlando right now. One little stripy romper from Forever 21 that hardly takes up any space, a couple of bikinis for the pool, a pair of slip on mint shoes for walking, a pair of gladiator sandals for the heat, 2 handbags, and a couple of tees. Ok maybe a bit more than a couple… more like… eight? Seriously, I’m going for 10 days! 8 t-shirts is pushing it to the not-that-many limit. So that’s settled. Underwear, makeup, basic necessities… and it all adds up to 19 pounds… I’m allowed 50 pounds… I’ll be fine. Sometimes I think I worry too much… still, I have to fit it all in… and do all my homework… and go pick up like a ton of packages that arrived for me yesterday (including the whole “friends” series yay!) My cold isn’t any better but never mind, it’ll have to go away eventually. I slept all day yesterday so at least I’m not tired, right? Besides, packing is a tricky business… you have to make sure you take everything that is essential while not packing things you DON’T need and while not forgetting anything at home you might need during your trip. Like my stupid textbook which is a couple of pounds extra weight in my luggage that I wasn’t counting on… Never mind. I still need to wear something warm today though, I don’t need this flu business to get any worse. So I’ve decided I’m wearing a black v-neck tee with a really warm, lumpy Ralph Lauren sweater that ‘ve had for ages and jeggins to make the packing a bit more comfortable. Black boots to keep my feet warm and yesterday’s chunky gray scarf, and I’m all set. Packing time begins: NOW. – Rx.

No comments:

Post a Comment