Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6, 2011






Location: Bogota: Colombia
Weather: Couldn't tell 'ya, it's very dark out
Mood: I can't even begin to describe how happy I am

Good morning fellow readers, I hope you all had a pleasant night's sleep. I know I didn't. I was way too excited for sleeping. I woke up at 5AM sharp (and at 4AM, 3AM, 2AM...) and jumped out of bed and into the shower. There's a lot to do for a woman on the day of the trip. First of all, you have to decide what you're going to wear. This is of the upmost importance because you must travel comfortably but in style. Comfortable does NOT mean arrive at the airport in your PJs. I've learned a valuable lesson in life:  even though the saying goes “don’t judge a book by its cover,” most people often do. I mean who would you take more serious if you had to meet people all day, someone who looked like the just got out of bed and smell funny… or someone nicely groomed and pleasant to the eye? I know who I’d choose. And that’s the world for ‘ya, so always when traveling try and look nice. I’m sure if they were going to bunk someone to first class, they would definitely pick the groomed person. So, I picked out a black, very light cotton jumpsuit with my coach trainers and my denim jacket to keep warm while we actually get to Orlando (remember to freezing cold air conditioning on the plane? Remember my cold? Yeah, not good…) I usually travel with a handbag but I also end up carrying a bunch of stuff I don’t really need on the plane, just in case, so when I get to my destination, I’ve lost one of my shoulders. I recently bought, however, the cutest Carolina Herrera backpack so I’m taking that instead. Very chic and confortable. A piece of advice, you should always have a traveling trousseau. It saves time and effort. Trust me, I picked mine out about a week ago ;) Anyway, gotta run, or should I say, gotta fly? See you in Orlando!  - Rx.

No comments:

Post a Comment